Sep 10, 2013

„Hello world, hope you're listening...“




So..., I've started a blog, oh boy! I've been thinking about doing this for some time now, actually, and finally (slightly 'pushed' by my friend) I decided to take this leap. Honestly, I don't know what will turn out of it. I have my hopes and expectations, but, I guess, only the time will show what it will turn into.
I think the title makes it clear that it is a DIY blog. In a certain way, I see this blog as a DIY project as well. I know absolutely nothing about blogging (or web design) so I'm looking forward to learning something new along the way. Also, I see this blog as my 'DIY diary', a place where I can share my inspirations and projects – because, let's be honest, it's much more fun when you can share a project you are so proud of with someone. :)
Hopefully, in time this blog will gain some readership, so I expect to meet and connect with other fellow crafters and DIY lovers out there and exchange ideas, experiences and tips with them as well.

Why DIY?

Well, to be honest with you, I've been making things for as long as I remember. I stopped during high school (don't know why), but then started again during college. My friends and I have a custom of making personalized (birthday) presents for each other, so we are basically creating something every month. And I totally love this! I believe that all the most valuable things in life are handcrafted (or in other words HEARTmade) so I always enjoy making that 'perfect' present for that special someone. And almost nothing makes me feel so proud and happy as a successful project. ;)
Also, this year I realized that crafting is a great therapy and I should do it more often and more regularly. I hope this blog will help me achieve this. My wish is to post new content every (or at least every other) weekend, depending on my other engagements. I think that's not too ambitious and I can pull it off.

Let me just be clear about one thing - I'm not a DIY expert. I still mess up sometimes and my crafts aren't perfect. But my craft skills are improving with every new project and I've 'mastered' some new craft techniques during the past few years so I'd like to share what I've learned so far. I really hope that anyone who stumbles across this blog will find something interesting and/or useful. Feel free to snoop around and comment as much as you like. I'll try to answer your comments and questions as often as I can.


I hope you'll join me on this journey and we'll get (seemingly) crafty together.



2 comments:

  1. Hej dobrodošla u blogosferu, slijedim te i s veseljem iščekujem postove :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala ti na lijepoj dobrodošlici :)
      Postovi stižu (već danas)...nadam se da ćeš naći nešto za sebe.

      Delete